Practice Question # 850.
Time limit: 0
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
CHEST TUBE DRAINAGE SYSTEM
- The chest tube drainage system returns negative pressure to the intrapleural space.
- The system is used to remove abnormal accumulations of air and fluids from the pleural space
Drainage collection chamber
- The drainage collection chamber is located where the chest tube from the client connects to the system.
- Drainage from the tube drains into and collects in a series of calibrated columns in this chamber.
Water seal chamber:
- The tip of the tube is underwater, allowing fluid and air to drain from the pleural space and preventing air from entering the pleural space.
- Water oscillates (moves up as the client inhales and moves down as the client exhales).