Peace Health is seeking a RN – Emergency for a 0.8 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Posted Date: Apr 16, 2016
Location: Eugene, OR, US
Req ID: 122493
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
Two years recent Medical/Surgical acute care experience OR successful completion of SHMC ED Training Program OR New Grads from AND or BSN programs within last 6 months with 2 years current SHMC ED Tech or SHMC Mental Health Tech experience.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current OR State RN Licensure required by date of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required by date of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required by date of hire.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within 6 months of hire.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) required within 6 months of hire.
- NIHSS within 6 months of hire and recertification every 2 years