Peace Health is seeking a RN – Home Health for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Posting Date: Apr 20, 2016
Location: Eugene, OR, US
Req ID: 129408
Job Title: RN – Home Health Job
Departmen: Peace Health Org
Location: Eugene, OR, US
Job ID: 129408
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2016
Closing Date Nill
Who May Apply USA Citizen
No of Positions Few Posts
Responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care and coordination/management of patients admitted to home care/clinic services using considerable judgment and skill in making patient care decisions. Utilizes the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning/intervention and clinical/goal outcome evaluation.
- Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and apply admission criteria to determine if patient is safe candidate for home health/hospice services.
- Provide skilled nursing care to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home health/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performs physical assessments, develops, coordinate, modifies and manages written individualized plan of care, as ordered by the primary physician, to meet patient’s long and short-term medical goals and appropriate/timely home health outcomes.
- Develops and clinically manages the Home Health Aide’s care plan according to the patient’s evolving personal are needs.
- Coordinates care, collaborates and communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate and smooth flow of care/services through the care continuum.
- Performs discharge planning appropriately towards patient specific goals/outcomes and evaluate interventions and outcomes of patient care by reviewing long and short-term goals established in the plan of care.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Assist with the plan and implementation of family Bereavement services for the following patient death.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Two years acute clinical or home health/hospice nursing experience required.
- One year home health experience preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.