Peace Health is seeking a RN – Emergency Department for a 0.9 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Evening shift with shift durations of 12 Hours.
RN – Emergency Department Job
Date: Apr 21, 2016
Location: Longview, WA, US
Req ID: 127629
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Washington.
- American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- American Heart Association ACLS certification is required within 6 months of hire.
- PALS (American Academy of Pediatrics or American Heart Association) within one year of hire.
- TNCC (Emergency Nurses Association) within one year of hire.