Practice Question # 551.
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Question 1 of 1
The nurse is assessing a client with Addison’s disease. The nurse expects to note which of the following?CorrectIncorrect
Answer & Rationale:
The Answer is 1
Anorexia is associated with Addison’s disease.
- Hyposecretion of adrenal cortex hormones (glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids)
- Can be primary or secondary
- The condition is fatal if left untreated.
- Monitor vital signs, particularly blood pressure, weight, and intake and output.
- Monitor white blood cell (WBC) count, blood glucose, and potassium, sodium, and calcium levels.
- Administer glucocorticoid or mineralocorticoid medications as prescribed.
- Observe for addisonian crisis caused by stress, infection, trauma, or surgery.
- Avoid individuals with an infection.
- Diet: High protein and high carbohydrate, normal sodium intake
- Avoid strenuous exercise and stressful situations.
- Need for lifelong glucocorticoid therapy
- Avoid over-the-counter medications.
- Wear a Medic-Alert bracelet.
- Signs and symptoms of complications such as underreplacement and overreplacement of hormones