Practice Question # 802.
Time limit: 0
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Trade Names: Pentam 300, Pentacarinat, Nebupent ®
- Drug Class: Antiprotozoal
- Significant toxicity, seen in 50% of patients.
- The drug should be given slowly over 2 hours with patient monitoring. (Rapid i.v. administration can cause severe hypotension, tachycardia, dizziness & dyspnea.)
- m. use can cause pain at the injection site & sterile abscesses.
- Pancreatic toxicity is common.
- Hypoglycemia due to inappropriate insulin release may occur 5-7 days after onset of drug therapy.
- Reversible renal insufficiency is common. Rash, metalic taste, etc….